Benefits For Calf Producers!
The Verified Premium Plus heifer operation has met the high standards set by the DQ Center for raising high quality dairy replacements for the dairy industry.
The Verified Premium Plus accreditation includes source and age verification for maximum income when a heifer is sold as a market cow.
Highly qualified and experienced veterinarians conduct a carefully scheduled Verified Premium Plus Walk-Through to verify the calves are receiving approved animal care, ensure low impact on the environment, develop and maintain family and personnel training, implement a program of pathogen management, and produce safe and high quality dairy beef.
Examples of Standards Addressed:
- Animal and Premise ID records include weight for age, breeding dates, etc.
- Approved colostrum program
- Producer monitors calves at least twice a day
- Veterinarian-approved animal health program in place (BVD, IBR, lepto, clostridials, etc.)
- Written procedures/protocols are in employees first language
- Environmental Stewardship - Manure Management Plan complies with local and state regulations
- Training procedures for newborn calf care
- Special emphasis for preventing drug residues in any bob veal market