How do producers demonstrate responsible animal care?
Consumers want to know the truth--dairy producers have to provide dairy animals with the utmost care in order for the cows to provide an abundant supply of wholesome milk and dairy beef.
Producers provide consistent care to insure healthy cows including:
- Food and water
- Clean areas to rest
- Shelter from the sun and environment
- Healthcare when needed
- Biosecurity programs to prevent diseases
The Dairy Quality Center assists producers uphold and document animal well being standards used on their dairies. A Certified Professional Consultant (veterinarian) verifies for the DQ Center that a producer is providing responsible care.
Project "In Charge"
- NOT on My Watch Exposés
- Alleged Abuse on Colorado Dairy -- Got Misery? Milk does.
- Alleged Abuse on Wisconsin Dairy Leads to Change
- Got Misery?
- Slice of Cruelty
- Union Allegations
- Crated Cruelty
- Cows Kicked, Stabbed and Dragged
- Mission and Goals
- Discussion Guide
- Dairy Survey
- Dairy Animal Care Annual Plan
- Measuring Animal Care